The food service business of Harada Enterprises was founded in 1935 in the Central Oahu Community of Wahiawa, Hawaii. It started as a small restaurant called "Sukiyaki Inn" which served such local favorites as saimin, hamburgers, and other American and Japanese dishes.
In 1938, the increased military population and related growth in economic activity created the opening of an outdoor roller skaing rink called "Wahiawa Amusement Center." A year later, "Dots Drive Inn" was bulit to accomodate the skaters at the same location on the cornmer of Mango Street and Kilani Avenue.
The 1940s brought about changes and horizontal growth of their businesses. The war forced the closure of the skating rink resulting in the opening of an express service (trucking) and a grocery store. The popularity and growth of clientele led to further expansion of Dots into a 4200 square feet facility which featured a dining room, cocktail lounge, and a car-hop service.
The grocery store flourished and in 1947, moved to a larger facility in central Wahiawa. The market was named "Marigold Market" which also encompassed the rental of approximately 25 businesses and single family dwellings on a 15 acre parcel.
Read More of our History>>